There are more than a handful of people taking interest in Delta 8 THC, as it provides a way to experience the wonderous potential of THC without the legal risk. Unfortunately, since the quite fascinating cannabinoid is still rather new, some prices are on the higher side, so partaking in some delicious, bite-sized Delta 8 gummies may reach too far out of your budget, or so you thought.
With a list of ingredients and a little bit of your time, you can dive into the depths of cannabis culture and become your own Suzy homemaker, hemp edition, of course. If you are looking to save some money, explore the incredible effects and benefits of Delta 8, and want to know how to make DIY Delta 8 Gummies and other Delta 8 Edibles, this is how you do it!
What These DIY Delta 8 Gummies Require
- Gummy Mold – You choose the mold you prefer – it can be anything!
- Granulated Sugar – The regular sugar you always buy will work.
- Water – It’s used to mix everything. You can substitute with flavored liquids, like Kool-Aid or fruit juice.
- Glucose – It’s used as a thickener and sweetener. You can substitute it with corn syrup or honey.
- Gelatin – It’s the main base and gives your gummies its squishy form.
- Citric Acid – It’s used to provide a tart flavor.
- Candy Flavor (optional) – It adds a more enjoyable flavor. It isn’t needed if you’ve opted to use a flavored liquid.
- Sorbitol (optional) – It’s used to prevent the gummies from becoming too hard.
- Delta 8 THC Distillate – Delta 8 in its raw form. You can purchase Delta 8 THC Distillate from Superstrain.
- Food Coloring – It gives your gummies the desired color.
Additional Kitchenware Needed
- Kitchen Scales – It’s used for weighing all of the ingredients listed.
- Sauce Pan – Medium-sized.
- Small Bowls – A few small bowls will do.
- Cooking Spray – Use any non-stick cooking spray.
Making DIY Delta 8 Gummies
Step 1: Mixing
- Start by measuring 44 grams of powdered gelatin (unflavored) – around 6 packets.
- Measure six ounces of water. If you’ve opted to use a flavored liquid, use it instead. This part will add flavor to your DIY Delta 8 Gummies.
- Mix the gelatin and water together in a mixing bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Let the gelatin and water mixture sit for five minutes.
- Mix together 8 ounces of sugar, 3 tablespoons of sorbitol (optional), and 8 ounces of glucose in a bowl.
- Pour into your medium-sized saucepan and continue to stir until it’s all mixed well.
Step 2: Cooking
- With the three ingredients in the saucepan, place it on the stove at low heat, as you do not want it to begin boiling.
- Continue cooking until all ingredients are hot.
- Next, add your mix of water/flavored liquid and unflavored gelatin.
- Once all ingredients are melted, remove them from heat.
- While still warm, begin by adding 2 teaspoons of citric acid and stir to ensure it is mixed well.
- Let everything sit for 5 to 15 minutes.
- The foam will rise to the surface, so you will then need to scoop away all of the foam before the mixture starts to harden.
Step 3: Extra
- While still warm, run through a strainer to ensure you remove any potential clumps from the mixture.
- Next, add in your Delta 8 THC Distillate. Use between 5mg and 10mg per gummy. You can figure this out by counting each of the cavities in your mold and multiply it by 5 or 10.
- If you opted to use a candy flavor, you can now add it by measuring out half a teaspoon of flavor, then add it to your mixture. Note that you do not need candy flavor if you opted to use a flavored liquid.
- If you opted to use food coloring, you can now add a single drop into the mixture.
Step 4: Finish
This is the last step to finish your DIY Delta 8 Gummies and enjoy its delicious taste, benefits, and effects. All created by, you!
- Finish by spraying your mold with a cooking spray.
- Pour your liquid gummy mix into each cavity.
- Place the mold into the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Finalize by popping each gummy out of its cavity.
- Enjoy your tasty DIY Delta 8 Gummies!